LoraHatesSpam

Lora Hates Spam

My rants and reviews

Tales in Time: The Man Who Walked Home and Other Stories
Peter Crowther, Robert Silverberg, Harlan Ellison, Ray Bradbury, Lewis Padgett, Garry Douglas Kilworth, James Tiptree Jr., Charles de Lint, Spider Robinson, Jack Finney, L. Sprague de Camp, Brian W. Aldiss, H.G. Wells
Progress: 27/284pages
Books of Blood, Vols. 1-3
Clive Barker
Progress: 98/507pages

Margins

Margins - E. Lorn, Edward Lorn

by Edward Lorn

The author says in the intro that this is not a Horror story. I disagree. It's not a blood and gore Horror story, for which I'm grateful, but I would classify it under Supernatural Horror. And that's the kind of Horror I like!

A woman acquires an interesting book and the book engages her in conversation. Her first reaction is fear, but how she reacts is actually rather comical. I thought the naming of other recent books in the beginning was distracting and actually would have preferred imaginary titles, but never mind. I soon found myself drawn into the main plot of the story and might have read it all in one sitting if I hadn't been called away from my reading to make dinner.

I enjoyed the story, but felt that it could have been taken further. There was material there that actually could have made a good Romance story, albeit an unusual one. The ending came just a little too suddenly for me and left me with a feeling of wanting to know what would come next. Really hedging on the star rating, but let's call it 3.75.