LoraHatesSpam

Lora Hates Spam

My rants and reviews

Tales in Time: The Man Who Walked Home and Other Stories
Peter Crowther, Robert Silverberg, Harlan Ellison, Ray Bradbury, Lewis Padgett, Garry Douglas Kilworth, James Tiptree Jr., Charles de Lint, Spider Robinson, Jack Finney, L. Sprague de Camp, Brian W. Aldiss, H.G. Wells
Progress: 27/284pages
Books of Blood, Vols. 1-3
Clive Barker
Progress: 98/507pages

Elements of Horror: Fire

Fire - P.J. Blakey-Novis

Edited by P.J. Blakely-Novis

Third book in the Elements of Horror series. This one included some of the best stories of the series so far. Stand-outs include Did the Fire Look At You? and The Fire Fades. There were also a couple of stories that weren't quite up to the standard of this series, though certainly good enough for most anthologies.

Towards the end there was just one of the dreaded present tense stories and it finished off with a serial killer story, which is not my preferred sub-genre of Horror. I just can't identify with getting my jollies from burning someone to death. It was well-written, just not my cuppa.

The series has overall been way above average and the best stories in this one are really, really excellent. One of them left me just staring into space after finishing. I'm very much looking forward to the 4th book, Water, coming out in December. These go on my re-read shelf.